Join us for one of our complimentary teacher professional development workshops on global citizenship, leadership and project based learning
How can young people move beyond charity to justice?
Social Justice is a highly interactive, participatory learning experience where students explore the concept of justice as fairness. Simulations compel students to see situations from different perspectives and approach social justice with greater objectivity and compassion. The experience is delivered in-school by highly skilled High Resolves educators and is designed to achieve cognitive, affective and behavioural outcomes.
Through the experience students will:
- Understand the current distribution of the world’s resources and opportunities and how it could be more equitable
- Feel confident that they have opportunities to make the world a more just place, but never through violence
- Make personal choices that go beyond charity and more constructively make the world a fairer place
Signature Activity: Random Passport
Students are randomly allocated to a country and work in small teams to earn points through a series of challenges. Students discover the systemic injustice in the simulation, which in turn triggers a deeper understanding of the unequal distribution of wealth and opportunities in the real world.
At a Glance
Recommended Year Levels: Years 7 - 8
- 2 - 2.5 hour workshop for each group of up to 80 students
- Teacher resource pack: Fair Access
- Teacher professional development workshop