How can young people realise that their choices and actions matter?
Personal Impact is a highly interactive learning experience that allows students to reflect on their life choices and actions, and resolve to act in the long-term, collective interest of humanity. The experience is delivered in-school by highly skilled High Resolves educators and is designed to achieve cognitive, affective and behavioural outcomes.
Through the experience students will:
- Understand how acting in their own short-term, self-interest will often lead to poor collective outcomes
- Feel confident that they can find creative ways to act in the long-term, collective interest of humanity
- Reflect on their own life choices and commit to paths that they feel will be on the right side of history
Signature Activity: Looking Out for #1
An iterated two-player game that is played over ten rounds that explores the trade-off between competition and collaboration. Upon reflection, they discover that acting in short-term self interest often leads to poor long-term outcomes.
At a Glance
Recommended Year Levels: Year 9 - 10
- 2 - 2.5 hour workshop for each group of up to 80 students
- Teacher resource pack: My Footprint
- Teacher professional development workshop