Join us for one of our complimentary teacher professional development workshops on global citizenship, leadership and project based learning
How can young people realise that their choices and actions matter?
Personal Impact is a highly interactive learning experience that allows students to reflect on their life choices and actions, and resolve to act in the long-term, collective interest of humanity. The experience is delivered in-school by highly skilled High Resolves educators and is designed to achieve cognitive, affective and behavioural outcomes.
Through the experience students will:
- Understand how acting in their own short-term, self-interest will often lead to poor collective outcomes
- Feel confident that they can find creative ways to act in the long-term, collective interest of humanity
- Reflect on their own life choices and commit to paths that they feel will be on the right side of history
Signature Activity: Looking Out for #1
An iterated two-player game that is played over ten rounds that explores the trade-off between competition and collaboration. Upon reflection, they discover that acting in short-term self interest often leads to poor long-term outcomes.
At a Glance
Recommended Year Levels: Year 9 - 10
- 2 - 2.5 hour workshop for each group of up to 80 students
- Teacher resource pack: My Footprint
- Teacher professional development workshop