Our team is on a relentless quest to give young people educational experiences that change their lives, and the world, for the better.
We are a diverse mix of professionals from the education, business and community sectors.
We currently have a vacancy in our NSW team. Full details below.
Citizenship & Leadership Program Teacher/Facilitator (Sydney)
• Inspire & equip the next generation of global citizens and leaders
• Make a difference in the lives of thousands of teenagers & their communities
• Full-time permanent position with a leading educational not-for-profit
High Resolves is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic teacher/facilitator to join a passionate team helping teenagers become leaders for positive change in their communities.
This is a great opportunity to secure a full-time role with Australia’s leading provider of global citizenship education for teenagers.
As a High Resolves Program Facilitator you will be working in a diverse range of schools to facilitate delivery of the High Resolves Global Citizens and Leaders program for students in Years 7 to 10. This will give you the opportunity to influence the life paths of thousands of high school students as you lead them through immersive in-school workshops designed to develop critical global competencies and build personal and social capabilities.
The role will require dynamic facilitation of workshops to students, management of a portfolio of schools located within the greater Sydney area, coordination of logistics for delivery, and relationship-building with multiple school staff contacts. Workshops run for two hours each, across a suite of eight core modules and are delivered to groups of up to 100 students at a time. Schools typically run two workshops per day.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• A tertiary qualification in education/teaching is mandatory
• At least one year of direct teaching or large group facilitation experience in a high school environment is essential
• Experience in public speaking to large groups is essential
• Experience in developing and maintaining professional relationships will be viewed favourably
• Overseas development experience also viewed favourably
Skills and Attributes:
• Ability to inspire and engage large groups of 12-16 year olds
• Confident and charismatic public speaking
• Ability to quickly and calmly solve problems under pressure
• Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and strong interpersonal skills
• Able to cope with the physical demands of frequent program facilitation
• Ability to think ahead and to manage time effectively
• Ability to establish and professionally manage external relationships
• Genuine team player and ‘people person’
• Genuine respect for young people
• Genuine passion for educating and developing youth
• Passionate about global issues and social justice
• Willing to travel to multiple schools within metropolitan area
• It is expected that most travel to schools will use public transport wherever practical. Access to a vehicle will be essential for this role for some visits to schools. All travel expenses will be reimbursed (i.e. both public transport and car).
• Successful Working with Children Check and Criminal History Checks are mandatory.
• Applicants must hold a valid working visa to work in Australia for the next two years.
• Remuneration for the successful applicant will be $74,000 per annum which includes a performance based bonus of $5,000.
• Superannuation of 9.5% will also be paid in addition.
• Total maximum potential remuneration package is $81,030 per annum.
• Annual leave of 25 days per year is provided for this role which is pro-rated based on actual service in each calendar year.
The interview process will comprise three stages of review by High Resolves. You will need to be successful in each round to move on to the subsequent round.
Stage 1 is the submission of your CV and a brief covering letter to tell us what attracts you to the role and what specific skills or experience you have that will make you the ideal candidate for the role.
Please note that previous applicants need not apply. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm Monday 20th February.
Detailed Job Breakdown
Program Delivery (60% of effort)
• Deliver the High Resolves program in high schools to students in Years 7 to 10 across a portfolio of schools.
• Exude energy, enthusiasm, confidence, and belief in students.
• Facilitate groups of up to 100 students across the eight Global Citizens program modules.
• Engage teachers with supplementary teaching materials to further embed the global citizenship mindset across the school curriculum.
• Know the program content deeply including the theoretical and research background.
• Stay abreast of current and historical events and trends (local, national, and global) that relate to the program content.
Program Delivery Preparation and Reporting (20% of effort)
• Manage all module material preparation leading up to module delivery ensuring all requirements for each school have been adequately planned prior to delivery.
• Manage all logistics required by the school prior to module delivery to ensure the smooth running of each module.
• Capture and record delivery related data using established tools promptly after each module.
• Reflect on and develop your skills as a teacher and facilitator using student data and feedback from observations
Relationship Management (10% of effort)
• Maintain excellent communication and rapport with school representatives.
• Coordinate module delivery logistics with the appropriate school contact.
• Actively monitor for any High Resolves-related problems within the school and address any logistical problems or challenges that may arise.
• Develop and maintain relationships with senior school executive team members and school Principals to demonstrate value of program and help ensure school continuation.
• Seek the input of school staff in creating the best possible experience for students.
Projects and Other Work (10% of effort)
• Actively participate in ongoing training both face to face and via video conference.
• Pro-actively contribute to the continuous improvement of all aspects of the High Resolves organisation.
• Provide regular reports to the Program Director on status of agreed major activities.
• Contribute to ad hoc projects as requested.
• Pro-actively contribute to state and national level staff meetings.