Join us for a complimentary teacher professional development workshop on The Future of Global Citizenship Education in Term 1 2017.
How can young people collaborate effectively with others?
Effective Collaboration is a highly interactive learning experience that trains students to seek and integrate multiple perspectives in order to achieve better collective outcomes. The experience is delivered in-school by highly skilled High Resolves educators and is designed to achieve cognitive, affective and behavioural outcomes.
Through the experience students will:
- Know how to modify their own behaviour to achieve maximum impact in a collaborative setting
- Feel they will achieve better outcomes if they actively work with others and consider different perspectives
- Gather and evaluate perspectives from multiple sources before forming their own view or taking any action
Signature Activity: Guess What?
A highly engaging game-show simulation where students work in small groups to identify specific objects based on individual observations of its separate components. Students are introduced to the process of integrative thinking as a practical way of solving problems in groups.
At a Glance
Recommended Year Levels: Years 9 - 10
- 2 - 2.5 hour workshop for each group of up to 80 students
- Teacher resource pack: Survival Scenario
- Teacher professional development workshop