Join us for a complimentary teacher professional development workshop on The Future of Global Citizenship Education in Term 1 2017.
How can young people move beyond racial and cultural divisions?
Collective Identity is a highly interactive learning experience designed to help students view themselves as global citizens belonging to one single, yet diverse human race. Students learn to recognise divisive messages and interact with cultures in a constructive way. The experience is delivered in-school by highly skilled High Resolves educators and is designed to achieve cognitive, affective and behavioural outcomes.
Through the experience students will:
- Understand that our civilisation is evolving and explain how we can influence its trajectory and pace
- Feel confident that they can recognise divisive thinking and messaging as they encounter them
- Act in more unifying and less divisive ways at school, at home and in the community
Signature Activity: Star Games
An interactive role-play where students explore different identities imposed on them using a proxy for the colour of their skin. Students experience both an intellectual and visceral response to a fictional, authoritarian society before recognising similar practices in today’s world.
At a glance
Recommended Year Levels: Years 7 - 8
- 2 - 2.5 hour workshop for each group of up to 80 students
- Teacher resource pack: Cultural Lens
- Teacher professional development workshop