Join us for one of our complimentary teacher professional development workshops on global citizenship, leadership and project based learning
How can young people inspire others to achieve a common goal?
Collective Action is a highly interactive learning experience built around the renowned multi-party prisoner’s dilemma, which is at the heart of many global problems. The experience is delivered in-school by highly skilled High Resolves educators and is designed to achieve cognitive, affective and behavioural outcomes.
Through the experience students will:
- Understand that the best contribution they can make to solving social problems is through working with others to reach a critical mass
- Feel confident they can continue to contribute to the long-term collective interest of humanity despite seeing other people free-riding
- Draw on a wide range of interpersonal techniques and approaches to influence others to do the right thing
Signature Activity: CO² Negotiation
The signature activity of the High Resolves experience, this highly-interactive and student-driven simulation places students as ambassadors from dozens of nations who have signed the General Agreement on Climate Change, a fictitious treaty on global warming. Students learn the interplay between the economic cost of their emissions reduction and the collective plight of the planet.
At a Glance
Recommended Year Levels: Years 9 - 10
- 2 - 2.5 hour workshop for each group of up to 80 students
- Teacher resource pack: Global Scan
- Teacher professional development workshop